Leave a Comment
Updated on December 7, 2018
Just a Quick Note Before the Weekend to Say…
So I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. At least, not completely. I am still here and working hard for equality every day. In fact, it’s been such an insane couple of weeks that I can’t seem to even stop long enough to breathe and collect my thoughts in order to compile them into something coherent for you to read!
I realize this is a problem. Breathing is in fact, important. And I am aiming to do just that this weekend. But while I try to collect myself enough and calm my soul to write something half-way inspiring, let me give you a quick update of what’s been going on.
Here are a few of the things
I am doing and how you can engage with me:
1) First, Refocusing My Family endorsements have all come in this week and I am very excited about the list of people gracious enough to read and stand behind my work. Among these names are people like John Pavlovitz, David Gushee, Jennifer Knapp, Brian McLaren, Paula Williams, and Colby Martin. I am so humbled and honored by their support and can’t wait to share all of their comments with you!
2) Refocusing My Family should be available for pre-order on Amazon by June 15th! As soon as I hear it’s available, believe me, I will let you know.
3) We are in the process of nailing down speaking engagements and tour dates all across the country. We filmed a pre-released reading and interview last week and are putting together a press kit that should be ready to go out early this next week. If you are wanting to help be “feet on the ground” to get either a speaking engagement or a book reading/signing event scheduled in your area, now is the time to step up and volunteer! You can email me with your interest and inquiries at Beyond.AmberCantorna@gmail.com.
4) We are still in desperate need of funding to get Beyond off the ground and to really spread the message of hope across the country. What we are doing now, we are doing in faith, believing that the funding we need will come through. We are looking for both personal and corporate sponsors. We have sponsorship packages we are offering to corporate sponsors that include marketing opportunities for their organization as well as incentives for personal sponsors available. All gifts are tax deductible. If you or someone you know may be interested in one of these options, please email me. We are open to sponsorships from churches, bookstores, LGBT centers, and LGBT affirming organizations/ministries as well as personal donors! So help me think outside the box!
5) Finally, if you blog, run a podcast, or write for a newspaper/magazine (or know someone who does) and would be interested in featuring a story on my upcoming book, please contact me! We are lining up interviews for the summer to get a strong push behind the book and need your help!
So those are a few of the main things going on in my world. I hope you will pick one of those ways to jump in and help. I’d love to have you as part of the process and get to know you better! And of course, I value your prayers, support, and messages of encouragement.
That’s all for now. I promise this next week I will stop long enough to breathe, decompress a bit, and write something more heart-felt to you all. But I’m grateful that you are understanding of the craziness that life brings on this journey and thankful that you are traveling along with me.
Because Love Makes All the Difference,